The Academy of Urbanism would like you to join them for 3 evening 'fringe' events as we gear up for Congress 2021.
It is hoped that the 3 sessions will provide a different view to the usual built-environment talk, with speakers drawn from a variety of experience and fields.
The 3x3 event is free, and open to all - both AoU members and non-members, anyone with an interest in hearing the speakers' responses to the 3 themes:
Romance and the City, Wednesday 14th April 17:30 - 19:00 | https://www.academyofurbanism.org.uk/events/3x3-series-and-the-city-1/
- Louise Welsh - Writer and Professor of Creative Writing at University of Glasgow
- Lily Heise - Writer and romance expert
- Will Jennings - Visual artist, writer, curator and educator
- Zoe Strachan - Reader in Creative Writing, University of Glasgow and Writer
Everyday and the City, Wednesday 21st April 17:30 - 19:00 | https://www.academyofurbanism.org.uk/events/3x3-series-and-the-city-2/
- Selina Hales - Founder, Refuweegee
- Mitch Miller - Artist, researcher, creator of dialectograms
- Jennifer Novotny - Project officer, Scottish Civic Trust's Diverse Heritage programme
- Karen Anderson - Architect, founder of Hirta
Play and the City, Wednesday 28th April 17:30 - 19:00 | https://www.academyofurbanism.org.uk/events/3x3-series-and-the-city-3/
- Fergus Anderson - Associate, Buro Happold’s UK Sustainability and Physics team
- Dinah Bornat - Architect, London Mayor's Design Advocate
- Anne Marie Galmstrup - Director, Galmstrup Architects
- Gavin Thompson, Partner, Buro Happold
Our practice is pleased to be sponsoring these events, alongside Iglu and Ibstock Brick.