Posted on November 15, 2019
Nick Walker from Collective Architecture has joined 'Change the Record', led by Grace Choi, the RIBA North East’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion group.
The RIBA are looking for members who will pledge their support to the 'Change The Record' agenda. They are seeking architects, architecture faculty or architecture students who are willing to become ‘Advocates’ by agreeing with the five Pledges below.
Change the Record believe that visibility is important to bring about the change we want to see in the profession. This requires everyone to stand together to amplify the voice.
Change The Record Advocates pledge to:
• Create a diverse representation of society in architectural education and practice
• Challenge practice culture to be more open, flexible, respectful and inclusive of everyone
• Support equal opportunities for all qualified architects to progress their careers
• Call out and challenge discriminatory behaviour
• Promote and encourage role models, championing the visibility of the under-represented
Create, challenge, support, call out, promote: equality, diversity and inclusion.